Did you know that we live in an obesogenic society? Many of the factors contributing to our BMI are actually out of our control.
Factors that contribute to weight gain include:
- Our Environment- BPA, Phthalates, plastic polymers, etc.
- Our Microbiome which is directly impacted by our environment
- Medications we may be taking
- Lifestyle choices
- Food Allergens
- Underlying medical conditions which cause people to feel unwell and make poor lifestyle choices.
- Adrenal and Hormonal Health
Multiple Dietary Patterns are nutritious and can be used to attain healthy weight loss. However, the goal should be to reduce calories:
- 1200-1500 a day for women
- 1500-1800 for men.
Our favorite diet plan is the Mediterranean Diet because of its benefits in cancer reduction, cardiovascular health, and longevity. However, Dr Reis is open to working with a variety of diet preferences based on what works best for you!